In their next Premier League fixture, Manchester City will host Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux Stadium on Saturday.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City Preview
On Saturday, Manchester City travel to Molineux Stadium to face Wolverhampton Wanderers and hope to extend their impressive start to the Premier League season.
With a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Villa Park, Manchester City continued their unbeaten start to the season with six victories (W4 D2 L0), leaving them in second place with 14 points.
Arsenal leads the table by a point.
After six matches, Wolverhampton Wanderers are in 14th place with six points.
With a 1-0 victory at home against Southampton, Wolves recorded their first league victory in 2022/2023, breaking a five-match winless streak (W0 D3 L2).
Last season, Manchester City defeated Wolverhampton 5-1 at Molineux Stadium in the Premier League.
In addition to his seventh goal, Kevin De Bruyne scored goals in the 16th, 24th, and 60th minutes for City.
A goal was also scored by Raheem Sterling. In the 11th minute, Wolves’ Leander Dendoncker scored.
Since September 2020, Manchester City has won four straight matches against Wolves. During City’s winning streak, they have outscored Wolves 13-3.
Among the 2022/2023 players who made a difference, Erling Haaland led Manchester City’s attack with 10 goals, including three match-openers.
In 2022/2023, the striker leads the scoring charts.
Wolves have been boosted by Daniel Podence’s talent at the attacking end of the pitch this season. Two of his goals lead the club.
From their three home Premier League games this season, Wolves have won one, drawn two, and lost one.
With one win and two draws on the road, Manchester City is unbeaten on the road this season. Currently, City is unbeaten in 21 away matches (W15 D6 L0).
They last lost away to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2021.
One win, three draws, and two losses have been recorded by Wolves in their last six league matches.
In the last six matches, Manchester City has won four and drawn two.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City Match Details
|Match:||Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City, Premier League 2022.|
|Date:||Saturday, September 17, 2022.|
|Venue:||Molineux Stadium (Wolverhampton, West Midlands).|
Manchester City Probable Lineup
- De Bruyne.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Probable Lineup
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City Team News
- ACL injury forced Sasa Kalajdzic out long-term during his debut.
- Neither Raul Jimenez nor Diego Costa have played in nine months.
- Traore is cleared to play after signing on deadline day.
- An injury forced Kyle Walker to miss Wednesday’s win over Borussia Dortmund.
- It will probably be after the break before Aymeric Laporte returns to full training.
- In midweek, Jack Grealish and Riyad Mahrez both contributed poorly. Both are expected to be dropped.
- Haaland continued his remarkable start to the season by scoring the winning goal against Dortmund in midweek.
Unavailable Players (Injury Updates)
- Aymeric Laporte (Injured).
- Sasa Kalajdzic (Injured).
- Raúl Jiménez (Injured).
- Chiquinho (Injured).
- Diego Costa (Doubtful).
- Kyle Walker (Doubtful).
Head to Head
Top Fantasy Football Picks
- E. Haaland: Goal – 10 Assists – 01.
- İ. Gündoğan: Goal – 02 Assists – 01.
- J Cancelo: Goal – 00 Assists – 00.
- K. De Bruyne: Goal – 01 Assists – 04.
- Bernardo Silva: Goal – 02 Assists – 02.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City FAQ (Prediction)
Who Will Win The Match Today Between Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City?
Manchester City has a high chance of winning the match today.