As Sheriff face Manchester United at Bolshaya Sportivnaya Arena on Thursday, they will attempt to continue their successful start in the UEFA Europa League group stage.
Sheriff vs Manchester United Preview
- UEFA Europa League group stage action begins this Thursday when Sheriff host Manchester United at Bolshaya Sportivnaya Arena.
- In their last group stage match, Sheriff defeated Omonia Nicosia 3-0 at Neo GSP for the first time this season.
- Mouhamed Diop, Iyayi Atiemwen, and Rasheed Akanbi scored in the win.
- Going into the match against Manchester United, they are unbeaten in their last eight games (W5 D3 L0).
- Real Sociedad defeated Manchester United 1-0 in their first Europa League group stage match.
- Manchester United, with zero points, is third in the group, while Sheriff are second with three points.
- With three points, Real Sociedad leads the group. A zero-point score puts Omonia Nicosia in fourth place.
- With each of them scoring in Sheriff’s opening game against Omonia Nicosia, Diop, Akanbi, and Atiemwen are joint leaders in the Europa League scoring race.
- This season, Manchester United is still without a goal in the Europa League.
- In all competitions, the hosts haven’t conceded a goal in their last 358 minutes of play.
- In an August Super Liga match, Petrocub scored the last goal against the Moldovan side.
- The only Europa League qualifying match played at Sheriff’s home ended in a draw.
- In all competitions, Sheriff Tiraspol are unbeaten at home (W2 D2 L0).
- Meanwhile, Manchester United has not yet played away from home in this competition.
- The team’s four Champions League games on the road last season were won once, drawn twice, and lost once.
- Sheriff have won four and drawn two of their last six matches across all competitions.
- Four of these six contests were won by them, and they scored 12 points and conceded two. In the first 45 minutes, they scored six goals, while their opponents scored two.
- In their last six games, Manchester United has won four and lost two.
- Four out of six goals were scored first in that period, and seven were conceded.
- Their opponents scored four goals before halftime, while they scored three in the first half.
Sheriff vs Manchester United Match Details
|Match:||Sheriff vs Manchester United, UEFA Europa League 2022.|
|Date:||Thursday, September 15, 2022.|
|Venue:||Bolshaya Sportivnaya Arena (Tiraspol).|
Manchester United Probable Lineup
- De Gea.
Sheriff Probable Lineup
Sheriff vs Manchester United Team News
- Dumitru Celeadnic is doubtful.
- Despite last week’s 3-0 win over Omonia Nicosia, FC Sheriff may go unchanged.
- Erik Ten Hag may select his first-choice XI.
- Donny van de Beek, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and Marcus Rashford are injured and haven’t traveled. The same goes for Martin Dubravka.
Unavailable Players (Injury Updates)
- Anthony Martial (Injured).
- Facundo Pellistri (Injured).
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Injured).
- Donny van de Beek (Injured).
- Marcus Rashford (Injured).
- Phil Jones.
- Brandon Williams.
- Luke Shaw (Doubtful).
Head to Head
Top Fantasy Football Picks
- Steve Ambri: Goal – 03 Assists – 00.
- Bruno Fernandes: Goal – 01 Assists – 01.
- V Lindelof: Goal -00 Assists –00.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Goal -00 Assists –00.
- L. Martínez: Goal – 00 Assists – 00.
Sheriff vs Manchester United FAQ
Who Will Win The Match Today Between Sheriff vs Manchester United?
Manchester United has a high chance of winning the match today.