In this post, you will find RCB Owner, Current Captain, Coach, and some untold facts.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) is one of the most popular IPL franchises. Despite not winning any IPL title, the Virat Kohli led team has a huge fan following.
RCB has 6.8 million Instagram followers and is one of the most-liked teams on Social media. The duo Virat Kohli and Ab de Villers are one of the reasons that it has a huge fan following.
Chris Gayle was also part of this franchise for a long time but now he is in Punjab Kings.
Who is the Owner of RCB [2016-2021]?
The Owner of RCB in 2021 is United Spirits Limited in IPL (Indian Premier League). Royal Challengers Bangalore is part of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and is based in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Diageo, a British multinational beverage alcohol company based in London, owns United Spirits Limited.
RCB Owner, Current Captain, Coach, and how many times RCB has won the IPL title in the below table:
|RCB Owner||United Spirits Limited|
|RCB Captain||Virat Kohli|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore Coach||Simon Katich|
|Home Ground||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium.|
A Brief about RCB Owner and Vijay Mallya.
- RCB is owned by United Spirits Limited (RCB Parent Company)in 2021.
- Vijay Mallya Owned RCB from 2008 to 2016.
- Vijay Mallya bought the Bangalore-based franchise in 2008 for a very large price of $111.6 million.
- Reliance Industries bought the Mumbai Indians for $111.9 million, which is the largest bid for an IPL team.
- Diageo owns United Spirits, which is a division of a multinational alcoholic beverage company based in London.
- The IPL team was given up by Vijay Mallya due to his resignation from Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited (RCSPL) as a chairman and now RCB is owned by United Spirits.
- Amrit Thomas who was Chief Marketing Officer became the Chairman after Vijay Mallya.
- Mahendra Kumar Sharma was also the Chairman of United Spirits.
- Anand Kripalu has been made the Managing Director and CEO of Diageo India in October 2020. Before him, Sanjeev Churiwala was holding this position.
- In October 2020, Diageo India announced Anand Kripalu, CEO and Managing Director of Diageo India, as the next RCB chairman taking over from Sanjeev Churiwala.
- Since IPL 2020 Anand Kripalu has been looking after the Bangalore franchise.
- Kripalu was also seen in the IPL 2021 auction table along with RCB’s Director of Cricket Operations Mike Hesson and a few others.
- Prathmesh Mishra has been announced the New Chairman of Royal Challengers Bangalore in July 2021.
McDowell’s No.1 Royal Challenge, or another of Vijay Mallya’s top-selling liquor brands, was the choice he wanted to associate with the team.
How much RCB Owner Earns From IPL and RCB Brand Value?
United Spirits, owners of Royal Challengers Bangalore, made a net profit of Rs.143 crores during 2018 to 2019 fiscal year. This amounted to more than 10% of United Spirits’ total operating profit.
In IPL 2019, RCB earned more than double as compared to 2018.
The income of RCB dipped in IPL 2020 because of the pandemic. In fact, IPL 2020 was played in UAE and this was one of the causes for less income.
How much is RCB Brand Value?
The brand value and net worth of RCB in the year 2020 were $49.7 Million. In 2019 RCB’s brand value was $50.8 Million.
You can see the brand value of RCB from 2016 to 2020 in the below table:
|Year||Brand Value in Millions|
The best season for RCB has been 2011 when they won 62.5% of their matches under Daniel Vettori and Virat Kohli.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is RCB still owned by Vijay Mallya?
Vijay Mallya was the owner of RCB from 2008 to 2016. He bought the Bangalore-based franchise in 2008 for a very large price of $111.6 million and he resigned in 2016.
Who is the owner of RCB in IPL 2020?
The Owner of RCB in 2020 is United Spirits Limited in IPL (Indian Premier League).
Who is the CEO of RCB?
Anand Kripalu is the CEO of RCB.
Who are IPL team owners?
The IPL Team Owners are:
Mumbai Indians Owner – Mukesh Ambani (Reliance).
Chennai Super Kings Owner – N Srinivasan (India Cements)
Punjab Kings Owner – Preity Zinta
Sunrisers Hyderabad Owner – Kalanithi Maran (Sun TV Network)
Delhi Capitals Owner – Parth Jindal (JSW).
Kolkata Knight Riders owner – Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla (Red Chillies Entertainment)
Royal Challengers Bangalore Owner – United Spirits.
Rajasthan Royals Owner – Manoj Badale (British Asian Trust).
Is Sid Mallya the owner of RCB?
The UB Group owned the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) IPL cricket team. Sid Malllay is not the team owner.
Who is the richest IPL team?
With a brand value of over 70 million U.S. dollars, Mumbai Indians was the most valuable franchise in the Indian Premier League in 2020.
Who is RCB Owner in 2021?
United Spirits Limited is RCB Owner in 2021.
How many fans does RCB have?
RCB has 6.8 million Instagram followers. RCB is one of the most popular IPL teams on social media.
I hope by now you know the name of the RCB Owner. A subsidiary of Diageo, a British beverage company, Owned United Spirits and United Spirits owns Royal Challengers Bangalore.