The ICC World Cup 2023 is set to witness a thrilling encounter as New Zealand and South Africa gear up for a face-off.
With both teams in formidable form, this match is eagerly anticipated by cricket enthusiasts worldwide.
New Zealand vs South Africa Head-to-Head Records
The legacy between these two cricketing giants is rich and intense.
They have clashed 71 times in ODIs, with South Africa leading with 41 wins.
However, New Zealand has shown dominance in World Cup encounters, winning six out of their eight meetings.
Their last World Cup face-off in Birmingham, 2019, saw the Kiwis triumphing by four wickets.
|Head To Head Records||New Zealand||South Africa|
|World Cup Wins||6||2|
Current Form: A Tale of Two Titans
South Africa, with a form guide of WWWLW, has been a force to reckon with, their only blemish being a surprising loss to the Netherlands.
New Zealand, after a roaring start, faced setbacks with two consecutive losses against India and Australia, making their form guide LLWWW.
South Africa: WWWLW
- Only loss to the Netherlands in the tournament.
New Zealand: LLWWW
- Recent losses against India and Australia.
Pune’s Pitch and Weather Report
The Pune pitch, known for being batter-friendly, might offer a slower surface as the game progresses.
Fast bowlers can expect some initial seam and swing. With temperatures hovering around 32°C and clear skies, the weather is set to be perfect for a full game.
- Potential for a slightly slow surface as the match progresses.
- Fast bowlers might find some seam and swing early on.
- Clear skies.
- Temperatures around 32°C.
South Africa Playing 11
- Quinton de Kock (wk): Match -06 Runs -431
- David Miller: Match -06 Runs -167
- Kagiso Rabada: Match -05 Runs -09 and Wickets – 10
- Aiden Markram: Match -06 Runs -356 and Wickets – 00
- Lungi Ngidi: Match -05 Runs -11 and Wickets – 07
- Marco Jansen: Match -06 Runs -143 and Wickets – 13
- Gerald Coetzee: Match -05 Runs -35 and Wickets – 12
- Heinrich Klaasen: Match -06 Runs -300
- Temba Bavuma (c): Match -04 Runs -87
- Keshav Maharaj: Match -06 Runs -48 and Wickets – 07
- Rassie van der Dussen: Match -06 Runs -220
New Zealand Playing 11
- James Neesham: Match -02 Runs -58 and Wickets -01
- Mitchell Santner: Match -06 Runs -61 and Wickets – 14
- Devon Conway: Match -06 Runs -277
- Matt Henry: Match -06 Runs -19 and Wickets – 11
- Lockie Ferguson: Match -05 Runs -01 and Wickets – 08
- Rachin Ravindra: Match -06 Runs -406 and Wickets – 03
- Trent Boult: Match -06 Runs -10 and Wickets – 09
- Tom Latham (c & wk): Match -06 Runs -147
- Daryl Mitchell: Match -06 Runs -322 and Wickets – 00
- Glenn Phillips: Match -06 Runs -126 and Wickets – 06
- Will Young: Match -05 Runs -173
Fantasy Team Insights and Prediction
For those looking to set up their fantasy teams, players like Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Will Young, Devon Conway, Rachin Ravindra, Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Trent Boult, and Matt Henry are top picks.
Key Players to Consider:
- Temba Bavuma
- Quinton de Kock
- Will Young
- Devon Conway
- Rachin Ravindra
- Marco Jansen
- Kagiso Rabada
- Trent Boult
- Matt Henry
Players in the Spotlight Rachin Ravindra from New Zealand has been a revelation, especially against spin. On the other hand, South Africa’s Temba Bavuma, despite getting starts, is keen to make a significant impact.
- Rachin Ravindra from New Zealand: Exceptional form, especially against spin.
- Temba Bavuma from South Africa: Consistent starts, potential for a big score.
Team News and Updates
South Africa is buoyed by the expected return of their pace spearhead, Kagiso Rabada. New Zealand, however, faces injury concerns with their key players, Lockie Ferguson and skipper Kane Williamson.
- South Africa: Kagiso Rabada is expected to return.
- New Zealand: Injury concerns for Lockie Ferguson and Kane Williamson.
Expert Predictions and Who Will Win Today?
While Google’s algorithms give South Africa a 56% win probability, cricket pundits believe that if New Zealand bats first, they might have a slight edge, given the pitch conditions.
- Google’s algorithms suggest a 56% win probability for South Africa.
- Cricket analysts believe New Zealand might have an edge if they bat first.
The World Cup 2023 is shaping up to be one of the most exciting tournaments in recent history.
Matches like New Zealand vs South Africa not only showcase the spirit of the game but also promise high-octane cricketing action.
Related SA vs NZ Dream11 Prediction.