In this post, you will get all the information on Delhi Capitals Owner and DC Brand Value.
If you want to know Who Owns Delhi Capital Owner? What is DC Brand Value? and any information related to Delhi Capitals then you are at the right place.
DC (Delhi Capitals) previously known as Delhi Daredevils is a Delhi-based Franchise team who is participating in IPL since 2008. DC is owned by GMR Group and the JSW Group. More on this in the next section.
Parth Jindal is the Chairman of DC (Delhi Capitals).
Delhi Capitals Owner: Who Owns DC (Delhi Daredevils) in 2021?
Delhi Capitals Owner: DC is jointly owned by GMR Group and the JSW Group. GMR Group has a 50% share and JSW has a 50% share.
Delhi Capital Owner [DC Owner], Current Captain, Coach, and how many times DC has won the IPL title is in the below table:
|Delhi Capital Owner||GMR Group (50%) and the JSW Group (50%)|
|DC Captain||Shreyas Iyer|
|Delhi Capitals Coach||Ricky Ponting|
|IPL Titles Won by DC||0|
|DC Chairman||Parth Jindal|
|DC CEO||Colonel Vinod Bisht|
|Delhi Capitals Home Ground||Arun Jaitley Stadium, New Delhi|
Note: Rishabh Pant has taken the Captaincy of DC in 2021 as he was injured but most probably Shreyas Iyer will lead the side when the IPL starts again.
Delhi Capitals Coach and Support Staff
You can see details of DC’s Coach and Support Staff.
- Coach: Ricky Ponting.
- Assistant Coach: Pravin Amre.
- Assistant Coach: Ajay Ratra.
- Fast Bowling coach: James Hopes.
- Assistant Physio: Dhananjay Kaushik
A Brief About Delhi Capitals
- DC was one of the teams who participated in IPL (Indian Premier League) from season one (2008).
- Kiran Kumar Grandhi is Co-Owner.
- DC started their journey as Delhi Daredevils and in 2018 they changed their name to Delhi Capitals.
- They have reached to the Semi-Final in the inaugural IPL season.
- After Iyer took the charge after Gautam Gambhir in 2019, they have finished in the 3rd position of the points table and they have played the Finals in 2020 but failed to make to the happier side.
- IPL 2021 is also a good season for them and they have among the top four teams.
- GMR Group bought Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2008 for US$84 million.
- IN March 2018, JSW Group bought 50% share for US$85 million (INR 550 Crores).
- In 2020, Delhi Capitals lost against Mumbai Indians in the Final Match. They met Mumbai Indians 4 times in that season and on all 4 matches.
What is the Brand Value of Delhi Capitals in 2021?
The Brand Value of DC INR 374 Crores in IPL 2019 was an all-time high and the brand value went down in IPL 2020. In IPL 2020 the brand value was INR 370 Crores.
In 2021 Delhi got the highest number of sponsorship. Currently, 25 companies are sponsoring DC. Delhi Capitals got sponsorship of INR 65 Crore head of IPL 2021.
|Year||Brand Value in Millions|
Sponsors of Delhi Capitals in 2021
|Principal Sponsors||JSW, JIO, Apollo, APL, Ebixcash.|
|Associate Sponsors||OctaFX, Acko, Nissin, Cornitos, Wrogn Active, GMR, MX Taka Tak, Colgate, Phone Pe, Evolut, Dream11|
|Partners||LG OLED, Western Digital, Cipla Health’s Maxirich, BKT, Fan code, HT Media, Hunk Water, ON (OPTIMUM NUTRITION), Boat, Kotak.|
|Wicket-Keeper||Rishabh Pant, Vishnu Vinod, Sam Billings.|
|Batsmen||Shreyas Iyer (c), Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shimron Hetmyer, Steve Smith.|
|All-Rounders||Marcus Stoinis, Lalit Yadav, Chris Woakes, Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Tom Curran.|
|Bowlers||Anrich Nortje, Amit Mishra, Ripal Patel, Ishant Sharma, Lukman Meriwala, Avesh Khan, Kagiso Rabada, Pravin Dubey, M Siddarth, Umesh Yadav.|
Frequently Asked Question
Who Owns Delhi Capitals?
DC is jointly owned by GMR Group and the JSW Group. GMR Group has a 50% share and JSW has a 50% share.
Who is the Coach of Delhi Capitals in IPL 2021?
Ricky Ponting is the Head Coach of DC.
I hope by now you know who is Delhi Capitals Owner?