On Wednesday, Chelsea will host Salzburg in a UEFA Champions League group stage clash.
Chelsea vs Salzburg Preview
- Chelsea and Salzburg will face off at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday, looking for their first Champions League win.
- Dinamo Zagreb defeated Chelsea 1-0 in their Champions League opening group stage match.
- At home against Milan, Salzburg drew 1-1 in their Champions League opening match. In the draw, Noah Okafor scored the only goal.
- Over their last eight games, they have won seven, drawn one, and lost zero.
- Chelsea is fourth in the group with zero points, while Salzburg is third with one point.
- Dinamo Zagreb leads the group with three points. On one point, Milan is second.
- Chelsea defeated Aston Villa 5-3 in their most recent meeting in July 2019.
- Salzburg’s early Champions League leader, Okafor, scored against Milan.
- The Champions League has so far failed to bring Chelsea any success.
- In all 25 games played by the visitors, they have scored. Since a match against LASK in March, they have scored in every match.
- During last season’s Champions League season, Chelsea won four games and lost one.
- In contrast, Salzburg failed to win any of its four Champions League matches on the road. It will be the Blues’ eighth consecutive home unbeaten streak (W4 D4 L0) in all competitions.
- This will be the fifth away match for the Austrian side, which has won four of its last five.
- Chelsea has won two and drawn one of its last six matches in all competitions.
- Three of the six matches were won by them, as they scored seven goals and conceded 10. Two of their goals came in the first half, while their opponents scored five times.
- Five of Salzburg’s last six games have been wins and one has been drawn.
- It took them six games to score 17 and concede one, scoring first in all of them.
- Their opponents scored only once before halftime, while they scored seven goals in the first half.
Chelsea vs Salzburg Match Details
|Match:||Chelsea vs Salzburg, UEFA Champions League 2022.|
|Date:||Thursday, September 15, 2022.|
|Venue:||Stamford Bridge (London).|
Salzburg Probable Lineup
Chelsea Probable Lineup
Chelsea vs Salzburg Team News
- After recovering from a broken jaw at Dinamo Zagreb last week, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang should be ready to start this week.
- Despite Graham Potter’s appointment as Blues manager last week, N’Golo Kante is unavailable to him.
- He may stick with a similar 3-5-2 formation to the one he used at Brighton.
- Having lost Oumar Solet to injury, Salzburg’s injury list is extensive, so Bernardo should start at the back at Stamford Bridge.
- The Premier League was linked with Benjamin Sesko over the summer.
Unavailable Players (Injury Updates)
- Luka Sucic (Injured).
- Mamady Diambou (Injured).
- Samson Tijani (Injured).
- Bryan Okoh (Injured).
- Oumar Diakité (Injured).
- Maximilian Wöber (Injured).
- Oumar Solet (Injured).
- Sékou Koïta (Injured).
- Kamil Piatkowski (Injured).
- Justin Omoregie (Injured).
Head to Head
Top Fantasy Football Picks
- N. Okafor: Goal – 05 Assists – 01.
- B. Šeško: Goal – 03 Assists – 01.
- Fernando: Goal – 04 Assists – 03.
- R. Sterling: Goal – 03 Assists – 01.
- N. Capaldo: Goal – 02 Assists – 01.
- R. James: Goal – 01 Assists – 01.
Chelsea vs Salzburg FAQ (Prediction)
Who Will Win The Match Today Between Chelsea vs Salzburg?
Chelsea has a high chance of winning the match today.