On Saturday, Borussia Dortmund will face Schalke 04 at Signal-Iduna-Park in an effort to get back on track after a successful start to the Bundesliga season.
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 Preview
This weekend, Borussia Dortmund will meet Schalke 04 at Signal-Iduna-Park in an attempt to get back on track following their successful start to the Bundesliga season.
Through six matches, Borussia Dortmund sits in fifth place with 12 points, two points behind first-placed Union Berlin.
RB Leipzig defeated Dortmund 3-0 at Red Bull Arena in the last Bundesliga match.
After a five-match winless streak, Schalke 04 won 3-1 over Bochum at home to move into 12th place on six points after their last Bundesliga match.
In February 2021, Dortmund won 4-0 at VELTINS-Arena in their last Bundesliga meeting.
During the 45th and 79th minutes, Erling Haaland scored two goals for Dortmund. Raphael Guerreiro and Jadon Sancho also scored.
Over the past four Bundesliga games, Dortmund has won three, drawn one, and lost zero (W3 D1 L0). Since April 2019, Schalke 04 has not won a league match against Dortmund.
During their unbeaten streak, Dortmund has outscored the Königsblauen 11-0.
Marco Reus has led Dortmund in 2022/2023, according to stats. Two goals have been scored by the midfielder for the club.
Marius Bülter has scored three goals for Schalke 04 so far. It is estimated that the attacking midfielder will score 38 goals in 2022/2023, placing him tied for fifth on the league’s scoring chart.
The Dortmund team has won two and lost one of its three Bundesliga games at Signal-Iduna-Park this season.
Having lost one and drawn two away matches this season, Schalke 04 will be looking for their first win away from home.
With 31 wins in 31 away matches (W0 D10 L21), the Königsblauen will be desperate to end their winless streak. In November 2019, they beat Werder Bremen away from home for the last time.
Dortmund has won four and lost two of its last six league matches. A win, a draw, and two losses have been recorded by Schalke 04 in their last six games.
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 Match Details
|Match:||Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04, Bundesliga 2022.|
|Date:||Saturday, September 17, 2022.|
Schalke 04 Probable Lineup
- Van den Berg.
Borussia Dortmund Probable Lineup
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 Team News
- A back injury is affecting Nico Schlotterbeck.
- Sébastien Haller has been ruled out indefinitely with testicular cancer, while Donyell Malen, Thorgan Hazard, and Karim Adeyemi appear to be fit.
- The shoulder injuries will sideline Jamie Bynoe-Gittens and Mahmoud Dahoud for several months.
- Morey will be out for several months after another long-term knee injury.
- Marcin Kaminski is ruled out with a foot injury, while Cedric Brunner is suffering from a muscle injury.
- After his suspension, Dominick Drexler is available for selection again.
- Tobias Mohr should make a full recovery.
Unavailable Players (Injury Updates)
- Marcin Kaminski (Injured).
- Mahmoud Dahoud (Injured).
- Gregor Kobel (Injured).
- Mateu Morey (Injured).
- Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Injured).
- Sébastien Haller
- Cédric Brunner (Doubtful).
- Nico Schlotterbeck (Doubtful).
Head to Head
Top Fantasy Football Picks
- M. Reus: Goal – 02 Assists – 02.
- M. Bülter: Goal – 03 Assists – 00.
- Raphaël Guerreiro: Goal – 01 Assists – 00.
- R. Zalazar: Goal – 01 Assists – 00.
- A. Modeste: Goal – 01 Assists – 00.
- S. Terodde: Goal – 01 Assists – 00.
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04 FAQ
Who Will Win The Match Today Between Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04?
Borussia Dortmund has a high chance of winning the match today.